Passionate about delivering better mental health outcomes for whanau and Tangata whaiora?
Then we want to talk to you!!!
Ngati Porou Hauora provides integrated health services to the Ngati Porou East Coast region, including mental health and addiction services and is currently looking to fill this role in its Te Oranga Hinengaro - Mental Health an Addiction Services team.
We have an opportunity for an experienced cousellor to provide community based mental health and addiction assessment and intervention services as a Co-Existing Problems (CEP) Clinician/Addictions Counsellor across a range of setting for Tangata whaiora/clients and their whanau.
This includes initial assessments, risk management, brief intervention, talking therapy, education, facilitated groups, relapse prevention and identification of pathways of support for those with suspected substance abuse and other dependencies/addictions, supporting them to access the appropriate health services. The role covers the geographical area from Potaka to Anaura on the East Coast of NZ.
For a successful appointment to this role it is essential that you:
● Have or be working towards a formal AOD qualification
● Are registered DAPAANZ or meet competency criteria to work towards registration
● Have a tertiary qualifications either in Social Work, Nursing or Counselling with registration to appropriate professional body
● Have proven experience in counselling and therapy
● Work with a recovery focus
● Have knowledge of evidence based best practice in the mental health and addiction sector
● Are able to demonstrate practical understanding of the aspirations and challenges facing Maori communities
● Have excellent oral, written, computer and interpersonal communication skills
● Have proven skills in accurate documentation practices
● Hold a current, clean, full driver’s licence
If you have the attributes, skills and experience for this role as outlined in the job description and desire to make a difference to the delivery of mental health and addiction services in our region, apply today. Remuneration will be negotiated based on qualification, skills and experience.
Proven experience as a clinician in Co-Existing Problems/ Addiction/ Mental Health area with a good understanding and application of relevant legislation and the associated clinician responsibilities of such would be helpful.
For your application to be considered, please ensure you complete and send via QJumpers link below:
Please note that on receipt of your application you will be sent a Police Vetting Consent form which must be completed and returned before your application can be considered. You must also agree to undergo a pre-employment drugs screen.
To apply, please click here (redirect to QJumpers website)
You need to be legally entitled to permanently work in NZ to be considered for this role.
Applications close Friday 13 July 2018
Job Code :
Location : East Coast, North Island, NZ
Employment Type :Full Time
Apply Before : 13/07/2017