Research & Evaluation
The research vision of Ngati Porou Hauora is to be a tikanga and research based centre of excellence for Hauora Maori.
Ngati Porou Hauora has always been involved in a range of research and evaluation initiatives that contribute to improving health outcomes for our people and develops our workforce.
Research and evaluation includes:
- multi-year projects in partnership with universities and other partners
- short-term contributions to another organisation’s project
- internal service improvement projects, needs assessments and evaluations.
Research & Evaluation Policy and Procedures
Research projects must be of specific benefit to Ngati Porou and meet the NPHCT Board’s other policy criteria, including that the research:
- contributes to achieving Ngati Porou Hauora strategic priorities for sustainable health gains and service development (see NPHCT Strategic Plan)
- is conducted in a culturally appropriate way according to Ngati Porou tikanga (including principles of manaakitanga, kotahitanga, whanaungatanga, rangatiratanga), and with openness & transparency.
- strengthens strategic partnerships and resources
- involves and/or develops Ngati Porou and other Maori researchers
- involves whanau and hapu in planning, management & delivery where appropriate
- has been approved by the Chief Executive & Management &/or Board, and the relevant Research Ethics Committee.
Research and evaluation projects are regularly featured in NgaKohinga and NatiLink, the Ngati Porou bi-monthly newsletters. Some back issues are available from Radio Ngati Porou.
Completed Research Projects
Current Research Projects